Assistant Headteacher (Senior Phase): Mrs Kate Corken
Welcome to the Senior Phase (Sixth Form)
Our Senior Phase comprises Year 12 and Year 13 pupils.
Our aims are to:
- Provide a stimulating learning environment
- Provide pupils with high levels of challenge
- Provide excellent standards of education, both vocational and academic
- Provide enrichment activities which stimulate social and cultural awareness
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning
- Provide objective, informed and evaluative advice and material to pupils to enable them to develop their career potential
- Meet all statutory requirements for KS5 learning pathways
Pupils can choose from several Level 3 qualifications:
Business Studies, Health & Social Care, Art, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, French, Further Maths, Geography, German, History, Information Technology, Law, Mathematics, Media Studies, Music, Physics, Politics and Government, Product Design, Psychology, Religious Studies, Spanish, Sports, Welsh, and Welsh Baccalaureate.
Entry to all programmes of study is based on academic suitability and appropriateness.
Pupils can also retake GCSE Maths and GCSE English. This may be compulsory depending on the subjects chosen.
There are numerous high-quality enrichment activities available for pupils. These take many forms and include charity work, Duke of Edinburgh Award, PALs, Sixth Form Council and Work Experience.
Pupils are provided with opportunities to manage their own learning through private study time, target setting, a bespoke Resource Centre and access to ICT.
Careers information is available through several resources including Careers interviews, outside speakers, taster days, Careers Resource Centre, open days and careers visits.